Dr. Davis’s Thoughts on the Coronavirus – April 7, 2020
Last week my e-mail attempted to be more comprehensive in my recommendations and it’s clear that people are really looking for what do I need to do now. In response to that I will simplify my recommendations to those supports that I think are most important for current prevention and support with coronavirus infections. Keep in mind these are suggestions based on my experience dealing with many infections that have not responded to traditional pharmaceutical supports.
The Coronavirus continues to spread – 367,000 cases in US. 336,000 are active. The testing in the St. Louis area is improving but still limited to more significant cases. The true number of cases and spread is unknown. It’s really sobering to experience this pandemic and its implications on our health and daily lives.
Top Supports that May be helpful during this time.
- Olive Leaf – available as spagyrically processed liquid or as capsules. For liquid forms I recommend 2-4 droppers twice per day (swish and swallow with water to coat the mouth and throat) Higher more frequent dosing if infected. Capsular form dose would be 1-2 capsules twice per day. Capsules tend to not taste bad but also may not be quite as effective. We carry both Core Olive Leaf and Olive Leaf Intrinsic. They work equally well. My preference is the liquid forms. With any sign of infection I would take at least 4 droppers 4 times per day.
- Myrrh Blend – spagyrically processed herbal blend that supports the lower respiratory tree. I recommend 2-4 droppers twice per day. Higher doses if infected. – Currently we have Myrrh Intrinsic in stock. With any sign of infection I would take at least 4 droppers 4 times per day.
- Mycelia – medicinal mushroom blend that supports the immune system. This is a liquid and tastes good – 30 drops twice per day as preventative and immune supporter.
- Echina Intrinsic – A nice blend of herbals that support a healthy immune response. Recommended as a preventative – 30 drops twice per day. Not recommended during infection.
- Immunitone Plus –This formula is designed to support a healthy immune system during cold and flu season. It supports Natural Killer cell function which is the first line of defense against viral invasion. The recommended dose is 2 capsules twice per day as a preventative and support of the immune system. Supply on this may be limited.
Note – Personally, I think the liquid herbals work better overall. The combination of Mycelia Intrinsic with Echina Intrinsic contains similar ingredients as Immunitone Plus but I think may be more effective in the liquid formulations. Immunitone Plus is a capsular form of medicinal mushrooms and herbals which some people prefer. So, I would take Immunitone Plus OR Mycelia Intrinsic and Echina Intrinsic together but not all 3.
- Turmeric – Helps to maintain a normal inflammatory and immune balance. These types of products may be helpful to prevent the over response of the immune system that appears to be part of the coronavirus picture and can be so deadly to some. A variety of products are available - e.g. Turiva, Bio-A Curcumin Phytosome, Cytoquel and InflammaBlox are some products that contain turmeric that balance the immune response. Curcum-Evail chewables are available which are easy for children and taste really good (Mango flavored). Take your pick. I would have one of these on hand in the event of infection.
Note: The suggested dosing above are general guidelines. Doses may need to be adjusted according to the individual and whether they are in a preventative phase or actually suspect they have coronavirus. I am available for consultations or remote visits.
CBTH Orders and Visits
- Our online store is com. Any of the supplements discussed can be ordered on that site.
- Keeping up with your current individualized plan is important. We have been able to keep up with supplies so far.
- We are currently offering free shipments for orders over $100 dollars. All orders are currently being shipped and all sales are final.
- We are currently not seeing patients at the Crossing Back to Health office, but Dr. Davis is available for phone consultations and Remote Zyto evaluations. Call 636 778-9158 to make appointments.
- Zyto handsets are available at the online store (xb2h.com) and evaluations can be done in the convenience of your home keeping all safe from exposure to coronavirus.
What can you do to help keep you and your family remain safe and healthy?
- Eat Healthy – Avoid stress eating junk food. Try to stick to a healthy diet.
- Get plenty of sleep – this reduces stress, supports the adrenals and supports the immune system
- Practice strict social distancing – 6 feet, no hand shaking, hugging. Asymptomatic people are spreading the infection as well. Stay home unless absolutely necessary to go out.
- Wash hands often – soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and allow to air dry. If you don’t have any you can still make some – 2/3 rubbing alcohol and 1/3 aloe vera gel. The groceries are intermittently having rubbing alcohol available now. Everclear (180 proof) alcohol is 90% alcohol and can be substituted for isopropyl alcohol (more expensive option). This has been available at the grocery. You can add essential oils to this to aid antimicrobial effect – tea tree oil, lemon, citrus blends, eucalyptus, rosemary etc. There is lots of information on the internet on this. Rocky Mountain Essential oils is a good clean company and still have a supply of these oils for a good price.
- Disposable gloves – good to wear if you go into the grocery store. Be careful how you remove them so not to contaminate yourself. Gloves can still be purchased.
- Don’t touch your face, mouth, eyes, nose where virus is likely to enter.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve.
- Face Masks – should be worn when you are out to protect you and others from spread of the virus. I have put some videos on our Crossing Back to Health Facebook page for facemasks that require sewing and ones that don’t require sewing. N95 which means it blocks 95% of transmission including viral. Viruses are very tiny pathogens and can penetrate a typical mask or scarf. There are furnace filters that are N95 and available on Amazon. They can be broken down and a small piece can be inserted into a face mask pocket to enhance the protectiveness.
I’ve seen no sew face masks made from old t-shirts, old leggings and handkerchiefs. Be creative with it!
- If you are sick stay at home. If you can isolate yourself from your family, please do so. Coronavirus is highly contagious.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently. Disinfecting wipes are in short supply, but you can easily make a disinfectant solution from household bleach. 1/3 to ½ cup bleach to 1 gallon of water is very effective in killing germs. If only making a quart of solution, then use 2 Tablespoons of bleach. Remember to clean doorknobs, countertops, phones, light switches, computer equipment – especially the keyboard.
- Stress Reduction – take the time to breath, relax, sleep, read a good book, walk, laugh, reconnect, meditate etc.
- Get Plenty of SLEEP! Sleep is very important for a healthy immune system and adrenals. Lack of sleep strains the adrenals and leads to poor resilience.
Follow up on Facebook for more updated information.
I hope this e-mail finds you and your families safe and well. Please be careful during this trying time.
Dr. Amy Davis M.D.
Crossing Back to Health
Online store: xb2h.com
- Tags: Coronavirus COVID-19 Pandemic
- Dr. Amy Davis